Deep Cove Winery
We are an upscale locally owned and operated winery/vineyard in North Saanich. We are excited to expand our team!
At Deep Cove Winery, we take pride in our small lot, hand-crafted wines. Each bottle is hand made and bottled on-site to ensure our standard of high quality. Our estate vineyard has been committed to sustainable growing practices since 2017 and will continue to ensure that our wines are a true reflection of the beauty that British Columbia has to offer.
To learn more about who we are, visit our website at www.deepcovewinery.ca
Tasting Room Associate
- Part Time
- Full Time
- Job Description:
Job Description: Are you personable, energetic and knowledgable about wine? Have experience in the sales/hospitality industry? We want to hear from you! We are looking for someone who wants to join a small team of enthusiastic, motivated and positive individuals who love to work in the world of wine!
Including but not limited to the following:
• Handle routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash registers
• Learn and Maintain a strong knowledge of our wines, products and story
• Attend occasional staff meetings
• Excellent communication skills and confidence when hosting groups of all sizes and demographics.
• Must have a willingness to learn, adapt, problem solve and take initiative
• Ability to work most weekends and some holidays
• Other various duties around the vineyard/winery grounds.
• opening and/or closing duties
• Answer telephone inquiries and take messages as needed
• Complete Point of Sale transactions and handle cash.
• Assist event staff with transition of Tasting Room and Wine Shop on occasional event dates.
• Serving duties
• Ensure indoor and outdoor areas of the Winery are always clean, organized and ready for service to guests
• Always ensure exceptional costumer service and satisfaction
• Friendly, personable and ready to greet everyone with a smile!
• An excellent wine knowledge foundation (ISG/WSET 1-2 a strong asset)
• Professional attitude
• Experience in boutique, premium wine sales and/or hospitality is considered an asset
• Maintain good grooming and personal hygiene
• Over the age of 19
• Serving it Right Certificate
• Experience with POS systems and easily adaptable to new programs and systems
• Must be able to lift heavy objects on a regular basis and stand for extended periods of time
• Ready to grow, meet great people and seriously have fun!
Bottom line? Good communication. Great Wine Knowledge. Team Player. Eager to Learn. Flexible Schedule. Ready to have fun.
Why work with us?
We’re family owned, we genuinely care about our company and about you (And, we offer competitive wages!)
(FT and PT available)
If you could be the perfect fit, send your cover letter and resumé to via email at [email protected]
- Wage/Salary: Very Competitive Wages - Wages based on experience
- Start date: 29/05/2019
- Application email