We are an environmental research and consulting firm specializing in fish, wildlife, and marine species. We work for First Nations, large corporations, non-governmental organizations, and all levels of government. Our Sidney office is one of several across Canada and the U.S. For nearly 50 years, we have prided ourselves for doing work that makes our part of the world a better place for all.
At LGL our goal is to sustain a workplace that is:
• Caring, respectful, and free of discrimination and harassment.
• Safe (we hold a Certificate of Recognition with Enform).
• Sensitive to employee needs and one that offers a generous benefits program including extended medical for staff and immediate family members, RRSP matching, affordable access to long-term disability insurance, competitive wages, and more.
- Full Time
- Job Description:
LGL Limited is seeking a highly qualified administrative assistant to join our team in Sidney, BC. This is a great opportunity to grow a career with a well-established environmental company located in beautiful, downtown Sidney.
As a full-time, salaried administrative assistant, the successful candidate will work Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm as a key member of the administrative team providing crucial services and support to professional biologists, managers, and other staff.
The work is highly variable, with each day bringing new challenges working both in a team and independently under modest supervision. The position involves access to confidential information that must be treated accordingly.
• High school diploma; post secondary training is preferable.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in mid- to senior-level front-office role; formal training in related skills is an asset.
• Able and willing to collaborate with others, but also able to work alone in what is at most times a very busy office environment.
• Attention to detail while handling numerous ongoing tasks.
• Personable, professional demeanor able to gladly take-on and handle constant requests from staff and management.
• Accountable and reliable – able to deliver on tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
• Excellent interpersonal skills – a good communicator and listener.
• Proficient with office hardware including computers, photocopiers/scanners, telecom equipment, etc.
• Able to edit and format documents and to compose well-written emails and memos, letters, spreadsheets using MS Office 365 Business.
• Takes initiative and has an aptitude for learning.
• Confident and able to work in a highly technical and ever-changing work environment.
• Willing and able to work beyond standard hours if necessary.
The Ideal Candidate
• Takes pride in their work and would be proud to be an interface between LGL and the outside world; a friendly face to staff and visitors.
• Has a professional mindset and leads by example.
• Values workplace safety and environmental conservation.
• Takes an interest in the work being done by LGL biologists.
• Accepts constructive criticism.
• Understands or is otherwise familiar with First Nations culture.
• Is committed to a career that is consistent with the nature of this position.
Get in Touch
If this looks like the ideal job for you, email (i) a cover letter describing how your qualifications align with those of the posting, along with your career goals, (ii) a full resume, and (iii) 3 work-related references with contact details. Posting closes 4:00 PM PDT, 28 June 2019.
Start date to be determined.
- Start date: 22/07/2019
- Downloads: LGL_Admin_Assistant_Position_Job_Posting.pdf
- Application email
- Application url