Business Outreach Coordinator
- Full Time
- Job Description:
The Business Outreach Coordinator will join a team working on business support and recovery in the Town of Sidney. Daily responsibilities will include assisting the team on marketing initiatives, maintaining the Sidney Visitor Centre, and providing support to local businesses. Advanced projects in visitor services, travel writing, and social media for businesses will be determined based on individuals' interests and education. All work will be following the orders of the health care officials regarding Covid-19.
- Previous work experience in the hospitality industry is preferred
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a part of a team.
- Strong knowledge of local attractions, transportation and accommodations (Sidney, Saanich Peninsula, Victoria, Vancouver Island).
- Energetic, self-motivated, and results-oriented
- Ability to work in a busy/fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate professionally in both verbal and written formats
- Customer service certifications are an asset i.e. WorldHost, VIC Certification
Position is subject to funding approval. Funding requirement states that the student:
a) is between 16 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
b) was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
c) intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
d) is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program;
e) is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
f) is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
*International students are not eligible.*
- Wage/Salary: $16/hour
- Start date: 10/06/2020
- Application email