The SPH Foundation was established in 1985 to support the Saanich Peninsula Hospital by raising money for hospital equipment. It is a charity registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (Registration # BN-11913 0540 RR0001). Since its formation, the SPH Foundation has raised more than $50 million dollars for equipment, facilities and programs such as:
• 60% of the construction cost and 100% of the equipment cost for a new ER
• 35% of the construction and equipment costs for a new Palliative Care Unit
• 100% of the cost of two CT Scanners (2005 and 2016)
• 70% of the cost of 3 new Operating Rooms
• Renovations to Extended Care
• Upcoming renovations in Acute Care
• New PACU (66% of construction cost of pre- and post-operating room area) and MDRD (95% of construction cost of new sterilization facilities) Units to support Operating Rooms
By providing up-to-date facilities and innovative programs, to support the Saanich Peninsula and Southern Gulf Island communities in promoting healthcare excellence.
Your community, your health.
To be the champion of the best possible and most compassionate healthcare for every person in our community.
Grow big, but keep it personal
Be accountable to our donors
Demand financial performance and efficiency
Lead well through integrity
Be agents of change, innovation and entrepreneurship